Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Welcome to The Fashion of Food!!

Have you ever gone to the kitchen for ONE cookie and felt emotional, broken, helpless and stuffed when you end up eating SIX cookies instead?


Around 3 o'clock in the afternoon, are you focused on how you want to sneak away from life's responsibilities for a nap? Do you promise yourself "I'll eat better tomorrow" time and time again? Have you ever found an adorable dress for an amazing price, but passed it up cause you didn't feel confident enough to rock it?

I've been there! And I'll admit, there are days when I'm still there. However, I won't give up. I've made many changes, and I've already seen the pay off! This blog is here to help inspire and motivate me while I continue to turn around and enhance my lifestyle, while helping you!!!!

Food and fitness are friends, not enemies! And you don't need a million bucks to look and feel like it! Food, fitness, fashion and beauty all go hand in hand. They are the ticket to positive, energetic and adorable life.

This is a blog for contemporary women (and sophisticated teens!) who are also making the change and wanting to make the change (but don't know where to start). AND this is a blog for REAL females =) For those of us who can't drop thousands and thousands of dollars to run away from our homes full of Jimmy Choos and Balenciaga handbags, to detox spa retreats for weeks at a time. This is a cute and motivating blog for the struggling college student, the fashionista, the young professional, the hospital intern, the retail manager, etc. who loves real food, staying active AND satisfying their sweet tooth with cupcakes, killer and affordable heels, one of a kind dresses, and adorable accessories.

As often as I possibly can, I'll be updating with posts full of recipes, workout plans, awesome shopping finds, beauty tips, and reviews from everything from face wash to a good book. I am no chef myself! All the recipes will be VERY detailed for those of us who aren't exactly sure how to use a hand can-opener or how to properly add flour to your scrumptious cupcake batter!


Importantly, I want to hear from you! I'm not just saying that. I abosooooolutely mean it. I've learned so much from women in my life I admire and the books and websites I've "researched". But there is so so so much more I do not know, if you have a tip please share! Leave comments, email me, or be a "guest" writer and contribute your own post :) And be sure to follow The Fashion of Food on Twitter http://twitter.com/fashionoffood

A sneak preview of what's coming very soon....


Well... that was a lot. Honestly, I'm just excited.


Yours truly,

The Foodie Fashionista <3
http://twitter.com/fashionoffood




"High-tech tomatoes. Mysterious milk. Supersquash. Are we supposed to eat this stuff? Or is it going to eat us?"
-Annita Manning

No comments:

Post a Comment