Thursday, July 30, 2009

My cupcakes bring all the boys to yard

I had a marvelous baking night with the girls, and we baked some delicious (but totally and completely unhealthy) cupcakes with Sprinkles Cupcake Mix. I had picked up a package of Red Velvet and Vanilla, but happily decided on Vanilla... YUM! We were going to make them both but we knew we'd end up with too many leftover cupcakes or really bad tummy aches and full of cupcake regrets. To me, the key to enjoying the art of cupcakes is to bake them yourself (mix or even better from scratch when you have time) either with your friends, kids, loved ones or some of your favorite music and only eat one yummy little cupcake. Share the rest with your friends, family, your co-workers or the new neighbors. Do not let them sit around your house! I REPEAT DO NOT LET YUMMY HOMEMADE CUPCAKES SIT AROUND YOUR HOUSE! The key is to eat one out of the entire batch, not one the night you baked them and one the next day and the next day and the next day and the next day until they are gone. Learn to enjoy sharing yummy treats with the people in your life. It gives me so much happiness to give someone the simple gift of a cupcake.
Having a homemade cupcake (or one from a cute cupcake bakery) once in the while is GOOD, eating more than one or two is not healthy nor a friend of your skinny jeans, and a life with NO CUPCAKES IS NO FUN!
Rules to remember when baking cupcakes
1. Make baking enjoyable - Bake with company, have your friends or loved ones around. Or if you're baking alone don't forget the music! Pop in your favorite CD or start your favorite playlist on your iPod. If you're anything like me when my favorite song comes on while I'm bake, I can't help but shake my booty while I'm sifting confectioner's sugar into the frosting. Learn to find joy and satisfaction in the process of baking, not just the end result.
2. Only eat one cupcake, and enjoy and savor every bite (and if you get full STOP) - Maybe you're the girl with the killer body that can eat another cupcake the next day and not gain weight, but that is a lot of sugar and butter so maybe have just half. But rule of thumb for the majority of us.... ONE CUPCAKE PER BATCH! Another good idea... before you even start to eat it cut it in half and put one half in tupperware and into the fridge for another day.
3. Share the rest with the lovely people in your life - See the joy your bring them, it's bound to make you feel good too! It can make you feel so much better than eating the leftover cupcakes ever could. No guilt, no self-loathing just happiness and knowing you cheered up someone's day

Baking (cupcakes especially) is not about being selfish. It's about enjoying life, having fun, creating something cute and yummy and bringing joy to others!


Does anyone else have any cupcake and baking hints?
What are your favorite cupcake recipes?
If you have a yummy vegan cupcake or amazing vegan cookie recipe, please send them my way! I'm going to try one this weekend <3

Ciao!
The Foodie Fashionista

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love cupcakes! I hope you get something from Benefit.

    ReplyDelete